Thursday 15 April 2010

Oh dear

I feel a bit bad that it has been 2 weeks since I last posted and here I am with a text only post. Not good. The thing is my knitting has been progressing oh so very slowly. There has been an unfortunate and frustrating incident involving the second Monkey sock where I couldn't even get through the first round without messing up and having to start again. There has been sleeves, seemingly never ending sleeves. There has been stroking of yarn and longing to knit something different but being strong.

I finally got past the struggles with the pair to my first Monkey. I am now about to start the third repeat of the pattern on the leg and feeling good about it, I don't imagine it will take too long to finish the sock. I am over half way through the sleeves for the cardigan I am knitting. They do seem to be progressing slowly but I am knitting both sleeves at the same time which does mean that whilst it feels like it's going slowly at least I don't have to do it all over again when I've finished one! This is my first adult sized proper garment so I'm quite excited. I know logically that there are about as many stitches in a pair of socks, especially the socks I knit for my husband's size 11 feet!! Even so it does seem to be taking longer than socks ever do, I'm sure that's my imagination though. I am excited to work on it and look forward to finishing.

I did finish my Ishbel, I can't remember if I already mentioned that? It's not a good story. I still have to block it but I almost don't want to. What I should be doing is frogging the whole thing and starting again and doing it correctly but I can't bear to, not after how long I spent knitting it. I suppose I then have to think that in spite of how long it took to knit will I even wear it knowing how much of a mess I made of the lace pattern? I'm not sure. I probably will block it though, even wear it, use it as a learning experience. Lace should not be knit as an olympic experiment in speedy knitting, particularly not the first lace project other than bits of lace in a hat. I just hope if I do wear it I can hide the mistakes so other knitters don't see it and comment on how rubbish I am at knitting! I'm also not frogging and re-knitting as I didn't care for the yarn, it was splitty no matter how beautiful. I wont be buying any more.

So that's about it. At the weekend I shall try to get pictures of my sleeves in progress and the second Monkey sock in progress and put together a better blog post than this!

No comments:

Post a Comment