Friday 24 December 2010

The stockings are hung by the chimney with care

I did my best to get some good photos of the finished lace scarf but the short, dark days have not made this easy. In the end the scarf came to work with me and I did my best to take photographs in my lunch hour!

Here it is, blocked and ready. I'm very happy with it and just hope my mother in law is as well. I hope I can let it go, accept it will be hers to do with as she wishes and if she wishes to put it in the back of a wardrobe like last year's scarf so be it.

knitting 163

knitting 164

knitting 165

knitting 166

knitting 167

knitting 169


It opened up beautifully with blocking and is now about 68” long, perfect for my mother in law who is about 5'9” I believe scarves should be about as long as you are tall.

I'm now all ready for Christmas and settled in at the in-laws, I was optimistic with packing my knitting:

knitting 171


That very stuffing project bag contains my mum's (still unfinished, oops!) Ishbel, the EZ mitten and if those don't keep me entertained a cabled sock project.

knitting 173

Gifts are piled high under my in-laws' ridiculously large tree and I am very much looking forward to tomorrow and the days we are staying here.

knitting 170

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas if you celebrate it, or an enjoyable 25th December and a great weekend if you don't.

6 comments:

  1. Wow!!! That's some christmas tree! I really hope she loves the scarf, I've enjoyed seeing it progress. Have a lovely christmas, and I hope Santa is good to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That scarf is gorgeous and deserves to be loved and worn! Happy Christmas to you both! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The scarf turned out soooo pretty!

    I have some of that owl fabric!!! Same stuff exactly. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how the scarf turned out. It is lovely. (by the way I love your project bag, most cute)

    ReplyDelete