Thursday 31 March 2011

Where are they now - 2KCBWDAY4

blogweek4

This was a tricky topic for me to respond to. I am by my own admission a selfish knitter and I’d say 90% of my projects are knit for me. I’ve knit a few baby things for friends and family, socks for my husband and socks for my mum but I know what has become of them, my husband and my mum both wear their knit gifts frequently and the babies, well they will have grown out of what I knit them now so I suppose I don’t know where their knits have gone on to but I don’t really think about it. I have knit two scarves for my mother in law including a very time consuming lace scarf, I’ve never seen her wear that one and I saw her wear the other once. I know they’re snuggled up in the top of her wardrobe. I didn't really want to write about something I knit for myself so I had a little think.

The one thing I did knit and have no idea where it is my Innocent Smoothie hats. I hope someone did buy the smoothies with my hats on them and that they made someone smile because knitting them and lining up all the teeny tiny hats certainly made me smile, as did going through all my sock leftovers and remembering knitting the socks whist I made the hats. I really need to start making some more for this year’s campaign.


knitting 005


knitting 007


knitting 008

10 comments:

  1. They're so cute. I must take part in it this year now that I'm knitting again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for little hats! It's not one of yours (I don't think), but I got an Innocent hat on a smoothie last year that sits on a little birthday teddy on my desk at work. Makes me smile each day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are too cute for words.

    I had to google Innocent Smoothie Hats. What a cut idea! I'd never heard of the beverage or the program.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Innocent hats :) Whenever I bought a smoothie with a hat on I would always wonder about the person who knitted it (and hoped I'd see it on a blog one day!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling little things! How come I never see someone actually USING them??? I'd take a pix and send to you, if so.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are so sweet! Will you share the pattern?

    Dropping in from Knitting and Crocheting Blog week. Our link is http://blog.mymummyknits.com/where-are-they-now/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wonder where all my Innocent Smoothie hats have ended up too! I hope they have a good home somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh they're precious! I'm sure they made someone smile. How could they not!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wait, so what are they for?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I completely forgot about these! I did some last year, and spied them in a picture on masondixonknitting.com, but I'm assuming they did make it to the UK and then onto someone's smoothie bottle! Too funny! Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete