Wednesday 11 April 2012

The end is in sight

For the first time in ages (since late January according to my Ravelry project page, oh dear!) the end is in sight on a project and I'm definitely going to get it finished. Wow! Pregnancy really has not agreed with my knitting mojo I must say. I've been tired and easily distracted and really haven't been able to focus on knitting. Terrible when there are so many adorable baby things to be knit but that's the way it has been. Obviously throwing a house move in there didn't help much either! That said, I can see the finishing line on the striped baby cardigan, hurrah! I finished most of the knitting last night (the neckband still needs knitting) and gave it a little rinse and pin out to make it easier to sew together. I'm just waiting for it to finish drying now so I can do the making up. I didn't make much effort to get the stripes to match up but it's pretty close in places which is nice, I suppose I'll see how it looks when it's finished.
Untitled
Whilst waiting for the pieces of cardigan to dry I decided to cast on a little pair of matching socks because every baby needs their socks and cardigan to match! Also I still had lots of yarn left and the baby already has a lot of hats thanks to knitting and crocheting friends so I didn't plan to do another (though might if I still have yarn left after the socks)
Untitled
I do still have that cabled baby cardigan to knit on but have fallen out of love with the knitting. I'm hoping that being on maternity leave with lots of time to fill I'll get back on track with it. The baby is technically due in two weeks but I expect I'll have longer than that to entertain myself before motherhood takes over. In the meantime I'm resting as much as possible, knitting as much as my fuzzy brain allows and eating toast with jam!
Untitled

6 comments:

  1. wow that cardigan is going to be lovely - do you block it before you sew it together? i love the colours, really gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colors and that toast with jam looks delicious!

    I am popping in from Tami's WIP Wednesday. My project is here..
    http://likemamalikedaughter.blogspot.com/2012/04/how-to-tuesday-bunnys-birthday-dress.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matching cardigan and socks sound so cute on a baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right, you need to get on with that cabled baby cardi - I scrolled to find it in your posts, and it looks lovely: I want to see it done ! And acrylic is the way to go with baby clothes. I promise :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know, I DO think that a baby needs socks to match; after all aren't babies usually lying on their backs grabbing their toes and playing with their legs in the air? Cute sweater pieces; I hope it all comes together just so!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That wee cardigan is gorgeous, and of course the baby will need matching socks!! :)

    ReplyDelete